About Cub Scouting
Since its beginning, the Cub Scout program has been a fun and educational
experience concerned with values. Besides providing a positive place where
boys can enjoy safe, wholesome activities, Cub Scouting focuses on building
character, improving physical fitness, teaching practical skills, and
developing a spirit of community service.
- What Is Cub Scouting?
- This fact sheet provides a quick overview of the Cub Scout program.
- Purposes and Methods of Cub Scouting
- All the activities leaders plan and boys enjoy relate to
one or more of the purposes of Cub Scouting, using the seven
specific methods to achieve Scouting's aims.
- The Values of Cub Scouting
- Cub Scout leaders strive to use Cub Scouting's 12 Core Values
throughout all elements of the program—service projects,
ceremonies, games, skits, songs, crafts, and all the other
activities enjoyed at den and pack meetings.
- The Benefits of Cub Scouting
- As a worldwide brotherhood, Scouting is a movement dedicated to
bringing out the best in people. All Scouting activities benefit
the growth and development of boys.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked
questions about the Cub Scout program.